When youíre facing something as serious as cancer, you want the best care available. And UHS is the regionís leading provider of oncology services, including diagnosis, surgical treatment, chemotherapy and radiation. We give patients and their families the confidence and hope they need to face the challenges of fighting cancer.
Having breast cancer means that some cells in your breast are growing abnormally. Learning about the different types and stages of breast cancer can help you take an active role in your treatment.
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is second to lung cancer as a cause of cancer death in American Women
- A woman's risk of breast cancer approximately doubles if she has a mother, sister, or daughter who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Women that are younger than 40 and have risk factors for breast cancer should ask their doctor whether to have a mammogram or ultra sound.
- A healthy active lifestyle, such as exercise and health eating habits, reduce your risk for breast cancer.
To learn more about breast cancer click here.
it comes to breast care and breast cancer screening, you want
quality care you can trust. Our Breast Center brings you the
most up-to-date technology and medical information on breast
We offer a complete range of screening, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services, including mammography, ultrasonography, galactograms, stereotactic biopsy with mammotome, cytopathology, lymphedema services and lab services. Our staff includes on-site radiologists, cytopathologists, nurse practitioners, technologists and other providers who are experts in the early detection of breast cancer.
Enhanced Services at UHS Breast Center
Should you need it, you can be assured that UHS Hospitals has a complete cancer program, including medical and surgical oncology and radiation. Nutrition counseling, social services and emotional support are available to you and your loved ones.
If you are unsure of how to perform a self breast exam, you may want to consult our breast health videos and breast health library, in addition to asking your health care provider to explain the procedure to you.
For more information about the UHS Breast Center, contact the Program Manager, Susan Kost, R.N. at (607) 763-6118.